For over 39 years South Coast Community Services (SCCS) has been committed to providing behavioral and mental health support and services to thousands of people in our communities.
Our goal is to bring hope and healing to the communities that we serve through integrated treatment for mental health. Our experienced clinicians and staff work with individuals, caregivers, and families to address mental health issues, suicide prevention, medication, and intensive behavioral health concerns.
We offer individual and group therapy, case management services, residential homes with 24/7 care for behavioral health needs, family wraparound, and intensive treatment programs. Psychiatrists are available to provide medication support for clients and we offer in-office, telehealth, and community-based services. We partner with local schools and colleges to provide youth and young adults with educational materials and treatment for improved mental health. With our integrated services, care management, crisis care, and medication support, we serve more than 5,000 children and adults each year which impacts more than 30,000 lives annually.
We understand that “sometimes you need a little help” and we are here to serve you.
Our Mission Statement
Providing care, counsel, and coaching for children, teens, adults – and their families.
The agency was founded in 1984. We incorporated as South Coast Children's Society, Inc., and in 2009 we obtained a "registered service mark" for the name South Coast Community Services (SCCS). We added this name because it is more descriptive of our services to the community. Originally organized to provide group home services, we branched out into community-based services beginning in the fiscal year 2004-2005.
Our Principles and Values
- Truth and honesty above all things, at all times, at any cost. No Fudge Rule.
- We believe in treating all people with mutual respect and dignity at all times, in every way.
- We strive to provide love, support, nurture, and empathy to all those we come into contact with every day.
- The undying effort and dedication towards making a difference in the life of a child, a teen, or adult and their family by providing every possible opportunity for growth.
- We work to support and improve the community in which we operate, for the benefit of ourselves and the community to which our graduates will return.
- Fiscally Sound:
- We strive to deliver the best service, at budget, per contract that we can. We live without our budgets.