Help for Depression In
San Bernardino County
Depression is a common issue that anyone can experience at any point in their lives. It can be difficult to manage and comprehend, but with our help at South Coast Community Services in San Bernardino County, we will work together to help our clients build a happy, healthy life. Our team of caring professionals provide both children and adults suffering from depression with the resources they need to identify practices that will help them cope. You are never alone in this journey — whether you're struggling or someone you care about is — so please reach out for our mental health services today.
There are many effective treatments for depression, but it often takes time to find the right one. At South Coast Community Services, we offer different types of therapy that can be tailored to each individual's needs. Some of the most common types of therapy used to treat depression include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This type of therapy helps people identify and change negative thinking patterns and behaviors that may be contributing to their depression.
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT): This type of therapy focuses on relationships and communication patterns. It can help people with depression learn how to relate to others in a more positive way.
- Lifestyle Changes: Making changes to diet and exercise habits can often help people with depression feel better.
When to Contact a Doctor
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms, it's important to reach out for professional help. Depression is a serious issue that should not be ignored. If you are struggling to function in your day-to-day life, please contact a doctor.
How to Help Someone Struggling With Depression
If you know someone who is struggling with depression, the best thing you can do is support them in their journey. Here are some ways you can help:
- Listen to them and let them know that you are there for them
- Encourage them to seek professional help
- Help them find resources, such as contact SCCS
- Help them make lifestyle changes, such as getting regular exercise
- Be patient with them and understand that recovery takes time
If you or someone you know is struggling with depression, please reach out for help. South Coast Community Services in San Bernardino County is here to support you through this difficult time.