It is important to seek professional help if you think your child may be struggling with mental health issues. A mental health therapist can provide the necessary support and guidance to help your child cope with whatever they are going through.
In San Bernardino County
If your child is struggling with depression, there are treatment options available. Depression is a serious illness, but it is treatable. A mental health therapist can help your child understand their feelings and develop healthy coping mechanisms.
Symptoms of depression include:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
- Decreased energy, fatigue, being "slowed down"
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Loss of appetite and/or weight loss or gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide, suicide attempts
- Restlessness, irritability
If your child is displaying any of these symptoms, please seek professional help.
Anxiety Treatment in San Bernardino County
Anxiety is a normal emotion that everyone experiences at some point in their life. However, when anxiety starts to interfere with daily activities, it may be time to seek professional help. A mental health therapist can help your child understand and manage their anxiety.
Types of Anxiety:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
If your child is experiencing any of these types of anxiety, contact our professionals.
Eating Disorder Treatment in San Bernardino County
Many children suffer from eating disorders. If your child is struggling with an eating disorder, please seek professional help. A mental health therapist can help your child understand their disorder and develop healthy coping mechanisms. If you notice a change in your child's eating habits, please contact us today.
Symptoms of an eating disorder include:
- A preoccupation with food, weight, and appearance
- An intense fear of gaining weight
- A distorted body image
- Engaging in extreme dieting behaviors, such as fasting, binge eating, purging, or excessive exercise
In San Bernardino County
If your child has been diagnosed with ADHD, there are treatment options available. A mental health therapist can help your child understand and manage their ADHD.
Symptoms of ADHD Include:
If your child is displaying any of these symptoms, get help from our mental health clinic.
Family Therapy in San Bernardino County
When a child is suffering from mental illness, it not only affects them, but also their loved ones, which is why we provide family therapy. Family therapy can help families understand and support their loved ones who are struggling with mental illness.
Benefits of family therapy include:
- Improved communication between family members
- Increased understanding of mental illness
- Development of healthy coping mechanisms
- Strengthened relationships between family members
If you are interested in scheduling a family therapy session, please contact us today.
Access Mental Health Services for Children in San Bernardino
These are just a few of the services we offer at our mental health clinic. Along with a team of mental health therapists, we also provide medication management for those who could benefit from medication for mental illness. If you think your child may be suffering from mental illness, please seek professional help. SCCS offers a wide range of mental health services in San Bernardino County. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.