If you’ve been struggling through life lately, whether it’s from a persistent feeling of sadness or lowered mood, or from a lack of energy and interest in things that you used to enjoy, you may be experiencing symptoms of depression. Because depression can be difficult to notice and is so common among adults, finding help can seem daunting, but not to worry. At South Coast Community Services in California, we’re here to help.
What is Depression?
Depression is a mental illness that can seriously affect how you think, feel, and act. People who have depression can suffer many negative effects including loss of interest in work, socializing, and even hobbies. In severe situations, a person suffering from depression may have thoughts of suicide or self-harm.
Symptoms to Look For
If you’re unsure as to whether or not you have depression, some symptoms to watch out for include:
- Persistent sadness or depressed moods
- Difficulty focusing, concentrating, or making decisions
- Losing interest in everyday activities
- Low energy or persistent fatigue
- Sleeping difficulties (sleeping too much or too little)
- Weight gain or loss that cannot be explained or changes in appetite
- Fidgeting or purposeless movement that has recently increased
- Slower movements or speech patterns (enough that others may notice)
- Thoughts of death or suicide
If you’re struggling with depression, it’s important to remember that you’re not alone and there is nothing to be ashamed or afraid of when it comes to seeking help. Our team offers treatment programs for those suffering from depression and we’re proud to offer additional resources, too. Learn more about our options on our Depression Treatment Programs page.
Why Choose South Coast Community Services
At South Coast Community Services, we’re committed to a safe and secure environment for all of our patients receiving services. In addition, we’re focused on providing both medical solutions as well as therapy solutions to ensure a complete and thorough treatment for every person we work with.
Learn more about our depression treatment programs and our mental health therapies online today. Call us or contact us online to get started with depression treatment.Contact Us Today